Hot Dogs and P-Nut Butter -->

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You Know You're Getting Old When.....

your grandhchild asks you to close your eyes so she can give you a surprise, and you don't wake up until the following afternoon!

Being alone much of my days and nights I think, dream, remember and wish about my past, my present and my family. If I close my eyes I can see my eldest daughter at age 1 dressed in leopard pj's, sitting on the potty chair with an Oreo cookie all over her mouth, Gosh she was beautiful. When I close my eyes I see my youngest daughter showing me her huge and happy smile. I linger on her smiles often. I see my two oldest granddaughter's falling into my husband's arms from our kitchen counter as they play "fireman save my baby". When I close my eyes I see my grandmother sitting at the table snickering with her index finger over her mouth as she holds a pat hand in poker, which was her favorite hobby. When I close my eyes I imagine my home being filled with the laughter of my family at the holiday times. When I close my eyes I can see the birth of my two daughters and I can even hear their first cry! When I close my eyes, as hard as I try, I can not see the vision of my mother's face but I can remember our times together. When I close my eyes I can see my father's face for the first time 13 years ago. I remember my wedding day as if it were today and it was 27 years ago! When I close my eyes I can see me receiving Jesus as my Lord and Savior. When I close my eyes I can see me being dipped and baptized for the first time.

I love life and God has blessed me many times over with wonderful visions of my past, present and future..........when I close my eyes........You are all there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simply Me said...

Actually 28 days to go and I can't wait..
Blessings,
Grandma Um

6:37 PM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

Wow! I'm sure behind, aren't I? I love this post. One of my favorite things is to remember the happy moments in life. Many of them we shared together with the girls. Those times at Deercreek are permanently imbedded in our hearts. We'll have to watch the videos sometime. They really crack me up.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home